Monday, July 30, 2007

We'll get this right yet





Call me a glutton for punishment, but we went camping again this weekend. I’m glad we didn’t give up on it after our last experience. This time was much more pleasant. Our group was the only one there this time, and they didn’t have an obnoxious sound system. We were also able to pitch our tent away from the group, adding to our peace and quiet. Here were some highlights to our trip:

  • I’m not sure of the science behind it, but I’m sure a full moon 3 degrees from the equator is brighter than back home.
  • Ava saying to Brin, “Mom, look at this behind!” while pointing at a beehive. Brin, alone with a group of Brazilians was the only one that could enjoy the moment. She didn’t think it would translate very well.
  • Listening to fish splash around in a container, only yards away from our tent, as we fell asleep. They were awaiting their destiny of becoming lunch the next day.
  • Watching some guys prepare those same fish the next day by cutting off their fins and gutting them (and then cooking them whole in a sort of soup).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh, dear friend -

It's been years since we've talked, but I figured I should let you know I am still quite alive and well. May God richly bless you, your wife, and 3 children while working in Brasilia.

~Luke Thompson