Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Link to the Past

The other night we were invited over to one of Brin’s student’s house for pizza. Paulo, one of the more serious students, is a chemical engineer that teaches at a university. We enjoyed talking with him and his wife. During our conversation we learned that they are from Santerem, a Brazilian city that I visited on my first mission trip here in 1991. He of course had heard of PAZ, the mission we had worked with while there. It was also interesting to learn that as a teenager he attended one of the first home churches that PAZ held when Luke & Christine first moved to Santarem in the late 70’s. Luke is one of the people that influenced me and encouraged me to pursue missions when I was younger. So it was interesting that we had this connection. Luke died in a plane crash in the mid 90’s, his dream of evangelizing every corner of the Amazon is now being carried out by people like me. It’s quite humbling to think that God would choose to use someone as incomplete and broken as me for such a noble task.

1 comment:

Calvin and Jill said...

Cool story, Josh. We love reading your blog. You guys do good at keeping it updated