Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Office Parties and Rustling Leaves

Its beginning to look a lot like the rainy season.

In a sudden gust of wind, the sun-dried leaves that have laid on top of our tile roof rained down on my kids playing in the yard. “It must be fall.” I yelled enthusiastically. When we are in the right mood we get rather playful when the rain clouds and accompanying winds arrive overhead. The girls strip down to their skivvies and run around the yard waiting to be soaked with the rain. That’s Brin speaking here, and for those of you who pay attention, I apologize for my disappearance on this blog. I haven’t been in a blog writing mood.

Everyone in my house is acutely homesick. And anything, seriously anything, that remotely reminds us of home can become either a cause for celebration, as the leaves did. Or ignite a river of tears that feels like the Amazon. I became upset the other night after seeing an office party while watching a movie called The Santa Clause. I was terribly missing all those office Christmas parties from back home that were occurring without me. The new Christmas dress, yummy deserts and the twinkling lights, ya know, all that stuff that goes with Christmas parties. And then on second thought, I realized I never actually worked in an office or attended an office party. I just plain missed home.

You know that you really start missing people when you recognize random friends from back home in your neighbors or people around town. Josh and I find ourselves saying, “Hey, doesn’t that look like Matt except skinnier, darker and less teeth?” So we’re homesick. I’m just sayin’ is all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Webels said...

Brin, could I get your email address? - Rebekah

davesonya said...

we're Josh & Brin sick

I'm just sayin'

~Sonya

Anonymous said...

I really feel for you guys. It reminds me of when I go on a long bike ride and don't take any food with me. By the time I get back home I am dreaming about peanut butter, mac and cheese and ice cream because all I have is time an empty stomach and an empty mind.

I will be praying for you guys in this season. BTW what is your mailing address and how long does it take to ship things to you?

-Nick Fancher