Friday, December 14, 2007

A Christmas Adventure

Tomorrow, Sat. Dec. 15th, we’ll be leaving for a two weeks on vacation. We’ll be traveling to the coast, where we’ll meet two other missionary families and spend Christmas at the beach. Our girls are especially looking forward to it.

Between here and there lies 18 hours of travel, about half of which is on the treacherous and pothole-filled TransAmazon Highway. It’s sure to be an adventure. If you think of us over the next couple of weeks, pray for safety and that our family would enjoy the time we have with each other and our friends. It will definitely be a different kind of Christmas for us, but we are hoping playing at the beach will distract us from the fact that we are so far away from our friends and family from back home. We wish you all blessed Christmas and New Year!

During the rainy season, the TransAmazon Highway can be impassable at times.

3 comments:

Bud Simon said...

Josh,

Great photo - I am just glad it isn't my truck:)

Have a great time and I am sure it will be fun & refreshing. Are the Wilson's going in their kombi or by boat?

Talk to you soon.

Rich Schurter said...

Peace! May the Lord give you and your family a relaxing Christmas. We pray for you daily, pray for us that ticket prices come down, yesterday they jumped from 1700 to 6100 while I was on-line. The Lord knows what will happen but I sometimes wish He would fill me in a little sooner.

rich

pschurter said...

Josh,

Just realized I could check your blog from my dad's. Katrina (my wife of 3 months!) and I will be praying for you all! Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
God Bless

Paul S.