Monday, December 04, 2006

Jungle Bells



We’re anticipating Christmas just like the rest of you. Tonight we decorated a tree and ate some Green and Red Hershey’s Kisses that Angie (another Missionary with Xingu) brought in from the States. It was a timely moment to replicate our family’s Christmas traditions that we had always done in the States. It was lovely, for the most part. Look closely at Ava in that last picture. Notice that lower lip? As touching as our family time was tonight it was also pretty indicative how the entire day went. Mia spent the night puking last night; she’s fine now because apparently she didn’t eat any more dog food. Mia was whiney and clingy, Ava was disobedient and antagonistic with Caleb (although better from days past) and Ella was poorly motivated to do her schoolwork. There were moments today where I resented my children and their overwhelming neediness. It was nice to end the night with a tradition that the kids could connect with their pasts. -BZP

See more pictures from today at: http://picasaweb.google.com/brinleezj/DeckingTheHalls

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writings, blog and newsletter, continue to be insightful and precious. Working on your newsletter mailing is going well and good therapy for me as I spend a few days alone waiting for Mom to come home. Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. and Mrs. Pflederer. I've been missing out on looking at your blog... then I remembered and checked it out and decided to post. It looks like some really cool stuff is happening to you guys, and I just want to encourage you to keep seeking after God, (ooh Jeremiah 29:11-13 I can't get enough of linking that verse over and over again). Anyways, I'll just be quiet now... I'll be praying for you guys and God bless!

jane said...

merry xmas brin, josh and family!! it's so good reading about what's happening on your side of the world. i love your honesty brin, and it blesses me and makes me think! love ya lots..jane