Monday, February 18, 2013

When you think of the tropics, you probably think of the lack of seasons.  Hot and wet all the time.  In some ways that is true.  The average high temperatures from January to July is 87 degrees, from August to November it jumps up to 92 degrees.  We're talking a 5 degree swing.  That surely does not qualify as a season does it?  I grew up in the midwest where the high temp average in January is 45 and in July 90.  That's what I call a season.
Seasons are more than just temperature change.  I can still hear the neighbor kids laughing and playing outside in the summer  twilight, while I laid in bed because my 9:00 bedtime had arrived.  Here where we live 3 degrees from the equator, sunset fluctuates about 30 minutes throughout the year.  But I'm beginning to understand that the

No comments: