Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My office window borders jungle on 2 sides. And besides the dusty spiderweb curtains it is a cheerful view Birds chirping, bugs buzzing, and occasional monkeys hooting and screeching   I will stop work to watch the monkeys. And I used to have an iguana that frequented a certain tree. But what really distracts me are the butterflies and unfortunately I have a lot. Not to brag or anything. And in my 3rd science class, on the topic of botany, we refer to those guys as visitors. They are the unwitting couriers of pollen from one plant to another.
I am a courier too. Sometimes I bring hope when I point out that a dim, dreary unknown might actually be God blowing refreshing winds of change. Or maybe I bring joy when I give in to the girls and play with them in the rain.  Maybe I make people laugh, although that is usually Josh. Hold up- I am not saying I did any of those things. But I am pretty sure I cuoureid envy. And I courried trouble to others that really was my own making. I dream utterly unattainable results and then courie expectations that others simply cannot fulfill.

As us humans go throughout our days, I would venture to guess that the majority of communication is superficial, work related, small talk, making fun of our friends' Harlem shake dance. Things like that. We flit about from one person to another sucking up nectar from each other, maybe sweet from the person whose sunny dispostion brings warmness to the room. Or maybe the nectar is watered down or bitter, from the person who casts a gloomy shadow. And leaving our own pollen, which could be sarcastic because the last thing we spent 10 solid minutes reading were smartypants jokes on Pinterst. Again, I am not saying that was me but seriously, "Dull women have immaculate houses. And honey, I come from a long line of fascinating women." is right on. And we can leave a dusting of respect like when we don't just tolerate each others differences but actually appreciate them. And a dusting of Godly truth mixed with Godly love.

For sure, those deep meaningful conversations have significant implications, but these fluttering butterflies visiting 10 flowers in a minute

Just so we are clear, I am pretty sure both the monkeys and the birds bicker. And they do it at 5am.

No comments: