Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Return to Surubim

I just returned from a trip to Surubim. Some of you may remember this community where I have been involved in the church planting we are doing there. I drove my truck and the main church planter, Ronaldo, rode his motorcycle. For those of you that know him, we were excited to be joined by Beto, who is home for a visit from the University where he studies down south. The seven of us where planning on a 2 night stay, during which we would visit neighbors, spend some time with Zecateca (the main leader), and have a church service.

I was especially impressed with Zecateca, a man that I first wrote about before he had become a Christian. In a blog from over a year ago, I noted that he would make a great pastor. Today, after less than a year as a believer, he has grown tremendously and is excited and eager to learn and grow more. Ronaldo, and his wife Rosanah, have poured a lot into him and it shows.

Here is a video that I made of our trip. I hope it gives you a better taste of what it's like to travel to and visit a remote community like Surubim...

7 comments:

Tom Pflederer said...

Wow. I'm sitting at school, just saw your new blog pop up and couldn't resist taking a break to watch it. Moist eyes and lump in my throat. It's so gratifying to see both of you in the last two posts, getting to do what you really want to do in ministry to others. Your video really steps it up too. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Love to all, Dad

The Webels said...

I really enjoyed the video. Brought back fond memories of my trip to Santarem, Brazil in 1990. Keep up the good work. -Hansen

Anonymous said...

I am blown away at the dedication for your calling.....I am proud of you and the family for what you are doing. It really opens my eyes to the actual adventure into towns and homes miles away share the Gospel and love with those. Praying for you and Love you.

The Webels said...

THANK YOU for the video. Seeing the Lord's work is such a blessing to me. Praying for you and Brin.
Rebekah

K and K said...

great video - truly amazing the places you are reaching to. We will pray for Surubim and the growth in that community.
Kristy

McSarah said...

Great video! Enjoyed it immensely, makes me want to pack up the family and come down. It was eye opening to experience it in person and my heart and prayers are all over you guys and the Xingu!

Rich Schurter said...

Give Beto a huge hug from us. It reminds us much of our last trip. God bless and we plan on seeing you in 2010.

rich and vick