Friday, April 25, 2008

Bugs

Ava had a swollen foot one night. I didn't know why so I prayed for it, elevated it and put her to bed. The next morning she was itching it like crazy and Cleide noticed this and looked at her foot. She has a “pulga,” she announced! Now home to the dreaded foot flea, Ava was the first person in our family to have a bug pulled out of her foot. She referred to it as her “worm” and screamed as if it were an elephant we were pulling out. At the time we had about 5 brasilians hanging out at our house, i am quite certain they had never witnessed such drama over a pulga.

That was only the beginning of a day filled with Brazilian critters. If you want to see more pictures click here.

5 comments:

Tom Pflederer said...

Is a pulga like a bishu de pe? Somebody translated it for me--a "beast of the foot." Whatever, it was a little bug that dug itself into my foot and hitched a ride back to the US back in 1981 on our first trip to Brazil. I eventually excavated it with great effort, much against its will, astounded at it tenacity and size. Tell Ava I was also pretty much thinking elephant. Dad

Chelsea Newton said...

poor Ava :(

Rich Schurter said...

Ava,
Did you put it in a jar to show Vicki when we come and visit? WOW!

rich

Anonymous said...

OK! THAT IS DISGUSTING! So sorry Ava, come home and I will take you to Chucky Cheese!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, should of put my name, Aunt Rachel will take you to Chucky Cheese!