Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Piranhas


Last week Brin made mention of me and her dad going fishing. I wanted to give a fishing report: we didn’t catch a lot (it’s not a good time for fishing right now with the water up so high), but what we did catch wasn’t your run-of-the-mill fish either. Pictured is a Black Piranha that I caught. I’m holding it with pliers because I like my fingers where they are.

Another Piranha story happened a few days later. We went on a short boat trip with the girls and grandpa. I took Ella out to fish one morning and one of the Brazilians with us handed her a fishing line that had already been baited and thrown overboard. She doesn’t have a lot of experience with fishing, but what little fishing she has done has been with a rod and reel. The Brazilian practice of just using a line was foreign to her, and the look on her face showed it. A few minutes latter, one of the guys noticed her line moving so he started to pull it in and plopped a Piranha in the boat. I yelled, “Get your feet up!” There we were, feet raised in the air with a mad Piranha flopping around at our feet. I’m not sure if Ella will go with me next time…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, It's Uncle Joey, I don't look at lots of stuff online and most of the time mom and dad fill me in on how you are doing. I finally saw you site, I like it. Looks like Josh and Ella have quite the fishing experience!!! Phiranas! Wow, how fun! As for my own fishing stories here in St. Louis-caught a catfish out of the MO River off of Mo Bottoms RD-about the size of Ava-the last time I saw her. 3 1/2 feet long.no pictures, I gave it to my buddy Mark to keep. Can't wait til I get to see you guys, keep up the fish stories and pictures. Love you, uncle Joey