Thursday, November 24, 2011

-post by Brin
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone back home. 

While most of you are eating, relaxing, watching TV and shopping our day is just like any other. Josh is working at the hangar, Cleny has a dermatology appointment, Ava has an orthodontic appointment (the 4th one in a week) and the girls have ballet and swim lessons. We are eating leftovers for lunch today but are looking forward to a special lunch tomorrow with expats. So even while today is just a normal day, messages from the States prompt us to contemplate the holiday. My friend Kristy in France points out how awesome it is for me to have family visit so often and Renee in Texas points out what a treat it is to have both sets of grandparents around the holidays, an obvious blessing that was lost on me while simply going about life. Sometimes, we need others around us to nudge us toward an attitude of thankfulness. 

So today I am thankful for friends and family, near and far. 


We made the most of the 7 days my parents spent with us.
For more pictures, visit here

And the Bergquist family that stayed with us for a weekend.


And I am thankful to see God's hand in my life. Most vividly yesterday when our family was officially accepted by New Tribes to live and participate in their boarding school on the banks of the Amazon River. We prayed and waited a long time for a response and are eager (especially Gabriella) for this new adventure. 

And I don't say this enough, so I will say it now. I am truly grateful for those of you who send messages, cards, words of encouragement and pray for our family. I truly store those up in my heart. And for those of you participating with this ministry in Brazil by praying, advising, encouraging, and giving financially or through gifts of aviation tools and even peanut butter. Our family considers it a privilege and are humbled by your care in our lives.

1 comment:

jane said...

so thankful for you and your family brin!!! love seeing how God is moving you all foward :) xx, jane