Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Josh at work

I remember when I first started studying aviation (over 20 years ago at a technical high school), it struck me how for the first time I thoroughly enjoying going to class. As I've jumped back into aviation, my mind often goes back to those days in Mr. D's class, or later when I studied at College of the Ozarks. Since beginning work here at Asas de Socorro (Wings of Help) I've been getting great experience with a myriad of different projects that I've helped out with. It's been a pleasure getting to know the guys that I work with as well as learning from them.

One of the things that has been so encouraging during this transition is the way many of you helped out in such a practical way to enable me to start turning a wrench again. The team that Brin went on a boat trip with also brought a couple boxes of tools that many of you donated money for. As I use my tools I often think of those that helped in the purchase. I really do appreciate your sacrifice. 

Unfortunately, I only have a couple pictures to post at this time, but I hope to soon have more for those that are interested.

We recently started a large project on our Cessna 206 which required removing both wings. 

Here I am painting an area in which we did a skin repair.

3 comments:

Dad said...

Wow, white gloves...a little different from carpentry work. It's great to see you back at the work you love.

Dad said...

In the distance it looks like an old Farmall Cub like my Uncle Dan used to have. Check it out

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Farmall_CUB_1949.jpg

Josh and Brin said...

I'm very impressed, dad. It is a cub. I'm not sure what they use it for, it's been there since I started working.
I actually remember mowing with one of those at Stuber's farm.
-josh