Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Wide-open Spacious Living" (2 Cor.6:11 MSG)

Several people have told us that our old house in Tremont is back on the market. It feels like a lifetime ago that we were there and so it really didn’t arouse any cares. Until last night at 2:00 in the morning, I cried over, of all things, my old house. I can’t say if it is the house itself, or my old life of ease and comfort and predictability that caused such agony but it hurt nonetheless.

So this morning I am reading from 2 Cor 6 in The Message. “Staying At Our Post” is the heading. The apostle Paul begs his readers to not waste the life God has called us to and grace He gives. People are watching us as we are “immersed in tears, yet always filled with deep joy; living on handouts, yet enriching many; having nothing, having it all.” And people are watching, I sob as I write this even knowing Marilda is right outside my door and Beto will be arriving any moment. At the moment, I just cannot grasp how I can get past this to go through today, and everyday, freely and expansively. I just cannot wrap my brain around eternity. I am pathetic and I know those feelings are not from God. I think I just need a little time to work through it. We leave tomorrow for 3 days of river work so I hope that’s enough time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you, even as I ask that you pray for us. Lots on my mind tonight as we crank up for school and help Emily get everything in order to apply for her visa. Love you lots. Great verses and blog again. You are not forgotten.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Brin, we are all pathetic whenever we don't keep our focus on the things of above. After 5 years in Japan, knowing that God handpicked this place for me to live, I still have a painful knot in my throat mywhenever I hear the words "Southern California". Do we ever get over it? I don't know. The only thing that gives me hope and gets me through is knowing that it's not about me (I'm too pathetic), it's about an Awesome, Glorious, Perfect God, within Whom I am in! So, by faith, I'm all set! And so are you!
My love & prayers,
Junia.

Anonymous said...

Brin, last week at church we sang "How Great is Our God". As I was holding our new little sweetie, I was amazed that God uses us when we are willing to step out in faith to do his will. We don't have to be perfect. God's always showing me ways to love him better. I sat in church with my heart overflowing of God's love. And Thanking him for the grace he pours out daily in my life. Love Jo

Paul, Karyn, Philip said...

Thanks for being so real. We check up on you all often and really enjoy your honesty in the things you are experiencing. Thanks.